Get updates and information by email with our FREE e-Newsletter

Connect with us on Facebook!


Most Popular

Dog Requirements

State Laws regulate the owning or harboring of vicious dogs. In addition, no person may keep or harbor any animal or fowl and fail to prevent that animal from creating noise of such character, intensity and duration as to unreasonably disturb other residents. Dogs must be physically confined or restrained upon the premises of the owner and must be under reasonable control of a person at all times, except when engaged in hunting. To report vicious dogs or noisy animals, contact the Sheriff's Office at 225-4357 or the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center at 898-4457. All dogs must wear registered tags. Dog licenses may be obtained from the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center at 6550 Webster Street. For information, call the Animal Shelter at 898-4457. The Montgomery County Auditor's Office also has dog license information. Call 225-4314.

Crime Prevention

The Sheriff's Office is concerned with preventing crime and solving problems in partnership with all township residents. Officers are available to discuss home, neighborhood, business, personal, security, as well as specific topics of safety to the citizens. Contact Crime Prevention Specialist Deputy Brian Burke at 432-2758 for more information.

Record Checks

Checks on persons for employment, housing permit holders, etc. are made through the Sheriff's Office Records Department at 345 W. Second St. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 pm. $3 fee per record check. Call the records department at 225-4096 for information.

Dead Animal Removal

The township will pick up animals from public property. If the animal is on private property, the property owner is responsible for removal. Township roads, call 433-0152. County roads, ( County Engineer's Office), call 837-2528. State roads (Ohio Department of Transportation), call (937) 492-1141.


Parking is prohibited: In front of a public or private driveway; within an intersection; within 10 feet of a fire hydrant; on a crosswalk; within 1 foot of another parked vehicle; within 30 feet of, and upon the approach to, any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control device; at any place where signs prohibit stopping, standing or parking, or where curbing is painted yellow; and in a specified handicap space without a permit. For more information, call the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 225-4357

Traffic Problems

To report a traffic violation in progress -- such as speeding, running a stop sign, hit and run accident or reckless operation -- call the Sheriff's Office at 225-4357. For an ongoing traffic issue, call the traffic services officer at 432-2751.

Accident Reports

Accident reports can be obtained through the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Records Department at 225-4096. Reports are available after a minimum of 72 working hours. The cost per page is 50 cents.

Court System

Traffic, misdemeanor, criminal, and civil court matters are handled in Kettering Municipal Court at 2325 Wilmington Pike. For information, call 296-2461. Satellite Juvenile Court matters are handled at Washington Township Government Center. For information, call 438-2758. Felony criminal and civil court matters are handled in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court, 41 N. Perry St. in Dayton. For information, call 496-7213

Abandoned Vehicles

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is authorized to provide for the removal of any abandoned junk vehicle left unattended upon any street for longer than 72 hours. Any vehicle that is illegally parked, and constitutes a hazard or obstruction to the normal movement of traffic, will be removed. Removal of abandoned vehicles on private property is typically the responsibility of the property owner. Owners of illegally parked or unattended vehicles may receive a citation and can be liable for towing and/or impound fees. Junk (unlicensed or inoperable) vehicles may not be left on public or private property. For more information, contact the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 225-4357 or Washington Township Zoning Department at 433-0796.

Animal Bites

Animal bites should be reported to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 225-4357.

Automobile Accidents

Contact the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office to report an auto accident. If the accident has not resulted in injury, Call 225-4357. If you believe someone may be injured, Call 9-1-1.

Bureau of Motor Vehicles

The locations of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles near Washington Township are: Centerville: 108 West Spring Valley Road, call 435-5970. West Carrollton: 1162 East Central Avenue, call 866-9511.


Calendar of Events


What's Happening Soon?

  • Contact Us

  • We're Hiring

  • FAQ