Is CPR training available?

Yes. We offer two types of classes through the American Heart Association:

  • Heartsaver CPR AED Course with First-Aid - For the general public
  • Healthcare Providers - For healthcare professionals and those who are not medically licensed but required to have certification

Our manikins provide instant feedback to help students improve the quality of CPR compressions. Details are on our CPR page.



Can I get an address sign that helps emergency personnel find my property?

Yes! To more quickly locate your home in an emergency, our fire department offers a reflective sign that clearly displays your street address. We'll even install it for you if you like!

The 6"x18" signs can be installed easily on a mailbox post and will allow your street address to be prominently display on both sides. Our mail-in form explains more, including fees and best practices for installation.

In an emergency, how can I get the fastest medical care?

You can help crews respond effectively to a medical emergency in your home when you complete our step-by-step Vial of Life instructions. This includes:

Your medical form should be placed in a sealed plastic bag, along with your photo and, if you have them, copies of these documents:

  • Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare
  • Do Not Resuscitate Orders (DNR)
  • Living Will Declaration

Add the seal to the bag and place it on your refrigerator door. The second decal will adhere to your storm door, front door, or side of your refrigerator. Complete information on this topic is on our Vial of Life page.

Do You Need Assistance with Vial of Life?

Seniors and at-risk residents can receive help through our STAR Program.


How can I make sure my child's safety seat is installed correctly?

We offer free child car seat inspections performed by SafeKids trained safety seat technicians who check the fit of both the seat in your vehicle and your child within the safety seat. Each inspection takes about 20 minutes. We ask that you bring the instruction manual for both the safety seat AND your vehicle. Call Fire Headquarters at 937-433-3083 to schedule your appointment.

What is the best phone number to reach the Fire Department?
For an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For non emergency calls needing the assistance or response of a crew, please dial the non emergency dispatch number at 937-225-HELP. 

The administrative offices can be reached at 937-433-3083 Monday through Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm. Please note that this is a non emergency number
I have a question about an EMS bill I received.
Change Healthcare is a third party vendor who handles all of our EMS billing. They can be contacted at 937-291-7850. 
Do you offer background/BCI checks?
Background checks are offered at the Washington Township RecPlex by appointment only. They can be reached at 937-433-0130.
There is a leaking fire hydrant. What should I do?
Please contact us at Fire Headquarters at 937-433-3083 to report the location of the leaking hydrant. 
How do I dispose of an old fire extinguisher?
Fire extinguishers can be disposed of at the Montgomery County Solid Waste Department. Visit their website or call their office at 937-225-4999 for more details. 
How can I ensure that the fire department can enter my home in the event of an emergency if I'm not home or unable to answer the door?
Knox lock boxes can be placed on front doors of homes or businesses to help aid the fire department in entering your property during an emergency. Residents can contact our Fire Marshal at 937-433-3083 for detailed information. 
What do I do if my water is running brown?
Sometimes this can occur after fire hydrants have been flushed. Try running your water for several minutes to clear the line. If this doesn't work, please contact Montgomery County Water Department at 937-781-2500. 
How do I schedule an appointment to donate blood?
The Washington Township Fire Department hosts six blood drives each year. Please visit our website for all the information and to schedule an appointment. 
Can I bring in unwanted medications and needles to be disposed of?
Old medications can be safely disposed of at a secure drop-off box in the lobby of the Washington Township Government Center, 8200 McEwen Rd. Deposits can be made any time the Government Center is open, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Residents can also dispose of unwanted or expired medications at periodic Super Service Saturday events.  Needles contained in an approved sharps container are also accepted at these events.